AEA eStudy Registration
AEA students, members, and student non-members - please login to receive your special discounted price when you add products to your cart.
If you already have an AEA account, click login in the top right corner.
eStudy Registration Option
Key things to know before registering:
- eStudy courses will be recorded and made available for 14 days to all paid registrants, beginning in January 2014
- Your registration for an eStudy course covers all sessions for that course
- There will be a short homework assignment, requiring an hour or less of your time, between sessions
- Registration will close five business days in advance of the first session meeting
- The webinar operates through GoToWebinar. Check your computer's requirements here.
eStudy 82: Principles-Focused Evaluation
Presenter: Michael Quinn Patton
Description: Principles-focused evaluation provides a customized approach for evaluating principles-based initiatives. Three core evaluation questions are:
- To what extent are the principles meaningful and actionable by those to whom they are targeted?
- If meaningful, to what extent are they adhered to?
- If adhered to, what results from principles-based interventions?
Thus, Principles-Focused Evaluation treats principles as the object of evaluation (the evaluand) and designs an evaluation to assess both implementation and consequences of principles-based change efforts.
What constitutes a principle that can be evaluated: The GUIDE Framework for evaluating principles
How and why principles should be evaluated.
Different kinds of principles-focused evaluation.
The relationship between complexity and principles.
The particular challenges, strengths, and weaknesses of principles-focused evaluation
Dates and Sessions:
Day 1: Tuesday, October 24 2:00-3:30PM (EST)
Day 2: Tuesday, October 31 2:00-3:30PM (EST)
Bio: Michael Quinn Patton has 45 years experience as an evaluator. He is former president of AEA, author of eight major evaluation books, recipient of AEA's most prestigious awards, and an acclaimed presenter of previous eStudy sessions. This course is offered in conjunction with publication of his new book on Principles-Focused Evaluation: The GUIDE.
Logistics:This three-hour real-time webinar-based eStudy workshop will be presented in two, 90-‐minute sessions.This session is webinar based and will include lecture, question and answer, and opportunities for audience participation. To prepare for each session, there will be a short homework assignment such as an article to read or resource to explore.
Student Member Price- $40
Member Price- $75
Student Non-Member Price- $55
Non-Member Price- $100
Click here for additional information about the eStudy program.