International Attendees at Evaluation 2014
International Attendees: The American Evaluation Association (AEA) welcomes attendees from around the world to our Evaluation Conferences This page is designed to help international attendees learn more about AEA's international outreach, available resources, and ways to make the most of the conference experience. Click on any of the topics below to go directly to more information.
Call For Proposals for 2014 AEA International Travel Awards for Conference Presenters:
The deadline for this year's International Travel Awards has passed. Thank you to those who submitted their applications for consideration. AEA will notify all applicants of award decisions no later than July 10, 2014. We look forward to seeing you all in Denver, CO October 13-18, 2014!
Letters of Invitation: For many people, letters of invitation help smooth the visa process and we wish to support international attendees in their efforts to secure the needed travel documentation. However, in order to receive a letter of invitation, the conference organizers must have some assurance that you intend to attend the conference if your travel request is granted. Letters will be issued to those meeting any ONE of the following criteria:
- You have been a member of AEA since prior to 12/31/2013
- You are scheduled to present at the annual conference
- You have completed and paid for 2014 conference registration
- You have won an AEA international travel award
- You can provide evidence of your work or study in the field of evaluation.
We begin issuing letters of invitation on July 22, 2014 for the 2014 AEA Conference. On or after July 22, if you require a letter of invitation in order to attend the annual conference, please email, indicating "invitation letter" in subject line, the following information to the AEA office at email@example.com.
- An indication of which of the five criteria above you meet, including documentation of your work or study in the field of evaluation if you meet only criteria #5
- The full address that should appear on the letter
- The name and title of the person to whom the letter should be addressed
- Whether you prefer that the letter be mailed, faxed or emailed (and provide a fax number if that is preferred)
- The number to which the letter of invitation should be faxed
- Any other information that you believe is needed in order to process your request for a letter or to develop the letter of invitation.
Letters of invitation will be emailed, faxed or mailed via the United States Postal Service using standard international delivery. Due to the costs involved, AEA cannot send letters of invitation via express mail services. We strongly encourage you to make your request at the earliest date possible. Requests received after October 1st may not be able to be honored. Letters of invitation are sent within three working days of receipt of all requested information. If you have questions about obtaining a letter of invitation, please direct them to the AEA office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-202-367-1166.
International and Cross Cultural Topical Interest Groups (ICCE TIG): The International and Cross-cultural Topical Interest Group focuses on knowledge and information sharing about evaluation in the areas of:
- International settings, policies and programs, with emphasis on developing countries
- Economic, social, and human development programs and projects
- Cross-cultural programs and projects.
At the conference, the ICCE TIG sponsors a strand of sessions focusing on their areas of interest. Under each session listed in the program, you can find its TIG sponsor. This is a great way to narrow down selections during the timeslots. The full program will be posted online in July. The full list of TIGs may be found at http://www.eval.org/p/cm/ld/fid=11.
ICCE TIG Website
Questions: Please address questions about registration and logistics to the AEA office at email@example.com or 1-202-367-1166.
We look forward to seeing you at Evaluation 2014.