AEA International Connections
International members make up 18% of AEA’s current membership and represent over 60 countries. Below you will find a variety of links and resources that will help you keep current on AEA's international initiatives and navigate the international evaluation community.
- International Policy Update: Almost 20% of AEA members live outside the United States, and many others work overseas, so what's happening in evaluation on a global scale is vitally important. Our USA-focused members not only have much to contribute to the rest of the world, but can also often learn valuable lessons from the good practices of colleagues in other countries. This monthly column brings the world to AEA and brings AEA to the world. This column gives you the most up-to-date developments, events, and issues that are unfolding on the global evaluation stage.
January 2015 Article
February 2015 Article
March 2015 Article
April 2015 Article
May 2015 Article
June 2015 Article
July 2015 Article
August 2015 Article
October 2015 Article
November 2015 Article
December 2015 Article
March 2016 Newsletter
April 2016 Newsletter
May 2016 Newsletter
July 2016 Newsletter
- The Global Evaluation Agenda 2016-2020 (EvalAgenda 2020) is now available. The full report (including the Executive Summary) is at http://forum.ioce.net//filedata/fetch?id=1997 and the stand-alone Executive Summary is at http://forum.ioce.net//filedata/fetch?id=1998.
- AEA supports the EvalAgenda 2020 with thirteen specific actions it intends to pursue through the work of the International Working Group (IWG).
- AEA's International Strategy - AEA has developed a strategy for engaging and creating collaborative knowledge sharing opportunities between AEA members and evaluation organizations and evaluators around the world.
- AEA International Partnership Program: The AEA International Partnership Program offers the opportunity for the American Evaluation Association (AEA), by means of its Executive Director, in collaboration with the International Working Group (IWG) and Cross-Cultural Topical Interest Group (ICCE TIG) to support the strengthening of peer Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs) through mutually beneficial partnerships.To take advantage of this program, your organization would need to submit an application to AEA by one of the three deadlines (June 30, July 31, November 30) throughout the year.
- Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPE): VOPE is a term that is inclusive of many kinds of groups involved in advancing evaluation as a profession, with membership open to any interested persons. These include formally organized associations or societies, as well as informal networks and communities of practice. VOPEs can function at international, regional, national and sub-national levels, and bring together evaluation practitioners and commissioners from various fields – including government, academia, non-governmental organizations as well as individuals. There are currently over 170 VOPEs across the globe recognized by IOCE, including 128 national VOPEs in 110 countries, with total memberships of almost 52,000. They can be viewed via the link above (courtesy of IOCE, the International Organization for Cooperation in Evaluation).
- International Blogs: The International Working Group of AEA has compiled this list of international blogs that you might find interesting and valuable. While we may not be able to identify and include all international evaluation blogs, we have assembled these in order to offer a cross section of what’s available. Feel free to explore other international evaluation blogs to inform your practice. If you would like to suggest an additional blog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The information presented on these blogs are not necessarily the opinion of or endorsed by AEA. This compilation is presented for your information only.
- International Grant Opportunities
EvalPartners Small Grants Program: EvalPartners invites Voluntary Organizations for Professional Evaluation (VOPEs) to apply for small grants for implementation of partnership projects jointly developed by at least two VOPEs.
Innovation Challenge Grants: VOPEs are invited to participate in EvalPartners Equity & Gender Innovation Challenge. We invite innovative projects with an explicit spotlight on VOPE initiatives looking at evaluations that have made a positive difference with equity and gender policy.