AEA Enhancing the Public Good Award
Award Description: Presented to an individual whose evaluation work has substantially contributed to the public good. The evaluation work could be focused on theory, practice or use in any area of evaluation (i.e., Human Services, Health, International Development, Education).
- Practices, publications and presentations should be deomonstrated to be of high quality, ethically defensible, and culturally responsive and (a) lead to effective, humane organizations and ultimately the enhancement of the public good; and (b) contribute to decision-making, program improvement and policy formulation regarding the public good.
- Contributions could include efforts to strengthen our global and international evaluation community by promoting values such as inclusiveness and diversity through evaluation practice.
Required Nomination Materials: For hardcopy submissions, five copies of each of the following materials must be sent via landmail to the AEA office in a SINGLE package. Electronic submissions must contain each of the following materials combined into ONE electronic file. Submitted materials are not returned.
- Nomination Form: Please review all of the required nomination materials before completing the Nomination Form which can be found on the Submission Instructions page (See below).
- Nomination Summary: Include a 150-word summary of the nomination
- Nomination Justification: A statement from either the nominee or nominator justifying the award nomination. This should illustrate the nominee’s consistent utilization of the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators (maximum of 10 pages).
- Letters of Support: At least two and no more than five statements from colleagues, focusing on the criteria for the award, and in support of the nomination.
- Supporting Documentation:
- A vita or resume (maximum of 10 pages).
- Up to three publications and reports. The committee asks that nominators balance quality and brevity when considering documents for submission. Please select publications and reports that demonstrate the quality of the nominee and avoid submitting documents that duplicate the contribution of other documents. Publications and reports provided should illustrate the nominee’s consistent utilization of the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators.
Submission Instructions: Once you have review the Required Nomination Materials above please review the award Submission Instructions.