eStudy 074: Analyzing Evaluation Data in Excel - Ann Emery
Ever feel like you’re swimming upstream in data? Need to make sense of spreadsheets, but not sure where to start? Have a gut feeling that you’re not getting the most out of common software programs like Microsoft Excel?
During this three-hour webinar, the instructor will guide you through the data analysis process, which involves:
- merging multiple datasets together--like your participant demographics in one sheet and the participant outcomes from another sheet--to build a master dataset that can be used for your analyses with techniques like =vlookup;
- assessing missing data and removing duplicate entries with conditional formatting;
- recoding and transforming variables with =if;
- exploring preliminary patterns through spark lines, data bars, heat tables, and other automatic color-coding techniques;
- running descriptive statistics and frequencies with =average, =median, =stdev, =min, =max, =quartile, and =countifs;
- saving time and energy with pivot tables; and• dealing with names, dates, and text fields with techniques like =concatenate, ampersand, =proper, =month, and text-to-columns.
The instructor will demonstrate a skill and give you opportunities. The instructor will provide sample datasets, such as program satisfaction survey data, outcome data, participant demographic data, and more.
Course Length: 3 hours
Course includes: 2 recordings; session handouts and material