AEA Paul F. Lazarsfeld Evaluation Theory Award
Award Description: Presented to an individual whose written work on evaluation theory has led to fruitful debates on the assumptions, goals, and practices of evaluation.
- Awarded for sustained contributions to the influence of theory of evaluation.
- Contributions should be demonstrated to have been substantial in nature, although they need not necessarily have been broad in impact, e.g., they may have been limited to some aspects of evaluation or to one field of application.
- This award is open to an evaluator in any area of evaluation (Examples: Social Work, Organizational & Leadership Development, the Sciences).
Required Nomination Materials: For hardcopy submissions, five copies of each of the following materials must be sent via landmail to the AEA office in a SINGLE package. Electronic submissions must contain each of the following materials combined into ONE electronic file. Submitted materials are not returned.
- Nomination Form: Please review all of the required nomination materials before completing the Nomination Form which can be found on the Submission Instructions page (See below).
- Nomination Summary: Include a 150-word summary of the nomination
- Nomination Justification: A statement from either the nominee or nominator justifying the award nomination. This should illustrate the nominee’s consistent utilization of the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators (maximum of 10 pages).
- Letters of Support: At least two and no more than five statements from colleagues, focusing on the criteria for the award, and in support of the nomination.
- Supporting Documentation:
- A vita or resume (maximum of 10 pages).
- Up to three publications and reports. The committee asks that nominators balance quality and brevity when considering documents for submission. Please select publications and reports that demonstrate the quality of the nominee and avoid submitting documents that duplicate the contribution of other documents. Publications and reports provided should illustrate the nominee’s consistent utilization of the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators.
Submission Instructions: Once you have review the Required Nomination Materials above please review the award Submission Instructions.