AEA students, members, and student non-members - please login to receive your special discounted price when you add products to your cart.
If you already have an AEA account, click login in the top right corner.
In-depth eStudy courses offer a deep dive into top-of-mind evaluation themes and topics. Open to both members and nonmembers alike, eStudies provide a diverse learning experience where collaboration is encouraged.
Key things to know before registering:
- eStudy courses are recorded and made available for 14 days to all paid registrants
- Your registration for an eStudy course covers all sessions for that course
- There will be a short homework assignment, requiring an hour or less of your time, between sessions
- Registration will close five business days in advance of the first session meeting
- The webinar operates through GoToWebinar. Check your computer's requirements here.
eStudy 100: Principles - Focused Evaluation
Presenters: Michael Quinn Patton, Founder and Director, Utilization-Focused Evaluation
Dates: May 3, 12:00-1:30pm (EDT); May 9, 12:00-1:30pm (EDT); May 23, 12:00-1:30pm (EDT); May 30, 12:00-1:30pm (EDT)
Principles-focused evaluation makes principles the focus of evaluation. Three questions are the focus of evaluation: (1) To what extent and in what ways are the principles meaningful to those meant to be guided by the principles? (2) If meaningful, to what extent and in what ways are the principles adhered to? (3) If adhered to, to what extent and in what ways do principles guide results? The webinar will present and explain the GUIDE approach to developing and evaluating principles. GUIDE calls for principles to be directive, useful, inspiring, adaptable to contexts, and evaluable. Examples of principles-focused evaluations will be shared.