AEA Outstanding Evaluation Award
Award Description: Presented for an evaluation (completed in the past five years) that remains consistent with the relevant evaluation standards.
- This award is given for the successful completion of a single evaluation project that can essentially stand alone as an example of high quality evaluation.
- That quality judgment will reflect both the methodology of the project and the usefulness of the findings.
- Taken as a whole, the evaluation should be considered exemplary of its kind and a potential model for other evaluators doing similar kinds of work.
- Example standards: Joint Committee’s Program Evaluation Standards, Personnel Evaluation Standards, Student Evaluation Standards or other relevant standards.
- This award is open to an evaluation study in any area of evaluation (Examples: Environmental, the Arts, Foundations).
Required Nomination Materials: For hardcopy submissions, five copies of each of the following materials must be sent via landmail to the AEA office in a SINGLE package. Electronic submissions must contain each of the following materials combined into ONE electronic file. Submitted materials are not returned.
- Nomination Form: Please review all of the required nomination materials before completing the Nomination Form which can be found on the Submission Instructions page (See below).
- Nomination Summary: Include a 150-word summary of the nomination.
- Nomination Justification: A statement from either the nominee or nominator justifying the award nomination. For the outstanding evaluation award, this should illustrate the nominee’s consistent utilization of the relevant evaluation standards (maximum of 10 pages).
- Letters of Support: At least two and no more than five statements from colleagues, focusing on the criteria for the award, and in support of the nomination.
- Supporting Documentation:
- A vita or resume (maximum of 10 pages)
- The full report or an extensive executive summary.
- If they exist, one set of technical reports that contain sufficient detail to allow the committee to judge the methodology, analysis and conclusions.
- If applicable, up to 5 published reviews.
- Reports and reviews provided should illustrate the nominee’s consistent utilization of the relevant evaluation standards.
Submission Instructions: Once you have review the Required Nomination Materials above please review the award Submission Instructions.